Saturday, December 30, 2006

Holiday knit fits

I actually finished all my designated holiday knits! Ok, so I finished solstice knits the night before the solstice and Christmas knits on Christmas eve, and it helped immeasurably that I strictly limited myself on the number of knitted gifts, but still ... I did it! A perfectly charming pair of "Simply Lovely Lace Socks" from Interweave in a delicious raspberries 'n cream shade of Artyarns Ultramerino, a gorgeous-if-I-do-say-so-myself pair of fingerless opera gloves in a martini-olive green Zara cleverly trimmed to match the neck warmer the recipient got last year, and a cozy/chunky pair of socks in -- mostly -- a slightly-off-Tiffany-blue cashmerino with toes in a very natural, lanolin-heavy oatmeal colored yarn (I was running out of cashmerino and didn't have time to go back to the lys**, but the oatmeal yarn made the socks even cooler). What didn't I do? TAKE PICTURES. So, last year I buy myself this semi-fancy and, for me, very expensive, very nice digital camera just so I can chronicle my knitting. And what do I do? Give away all knitted items without taking a single shot. Sheesh.

Ah, well. The recipients are all happy. And my holiday haul included Knitting Vintage Socks, Amazing Crochet Lace and Sew U. So presumably there'll be future projects to take pictures of and even, just maybe, grace the blog.

** That lys? Brooklyn General Store which has moved to a bigger, better, and just as convenient location across the street from its first home. And oh, my, is it ever better -- more yarn, plus fantastic vintage fabrics, ribbons, all kinds of goodies. Can't wait to go spending some holiday booty there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home